Dr. M.G. PRASAD.,
Founder : Zen Sports & Fitness
Master Trainer | Self Defence & Martial Arts Trainer
LATERAL HIGH KNEE RISES ON AGILITY LADDER:
- Stand sideways at the end of the ladder in a two point stance
- Sprint laterally through the agility ladder and shuffle through it by stepping in both feet in each square.
- Pull your knees high and make a good arm action.
- Once you reach the end of the ladder, sprint back and repeat the drill thrice.
- Stand next to the ladder in a two point stance.
- Step into the square with the left foot followed by the right foot to the same square.
- Step your left foot placing it outside of the second square of the ladder and then step forward by placing right foot in to the second square.
- Place the left foot laterally next to the right foot inside the square.
- Now, step with the right foot keeping it outside the third square and step forward with the left foot into the third square of the ladder.
- Continue to repeat the pattern till the end of the ladder and take a semicircle run and reach to the starting position to repeat the same pattern for thrice.
IN & OUT ON A LADDER:
- Start with both feet facing towards the ladder in a two point stance.
- Place your left foot into the first square and then move your right foot into the same square.
- Step back outside the ladder with a left foot first followed by right foot.
- Then, keep your left foot into the second square followed by right foot and keep moving laterally in the same pattern.
- Repeat moving in-in and out-out laterally till you reach the end of the ladder.
- Once you reach the end of the ladder, take a semicircle run and reach to the starting position to repeat the same pattern for thrice.
SQUAT & HOPS ON A LADDER:
- Stand inside the first square of the ladder in a two point stance.
- Jump outside of the ladder by taking a wide squat along with arms rising up.
- Jump into the second square of the ladder in a two point stance with arms close to the legs.
- Jump outside the second square of the ladder performing a wide squat, raising your arms up, then quickly jump into the third square.
- Continue the same pattern till you reach the end of the ladder, take a semicircle run and reach to the starting position to repeat the same patter for thrice.
- Always be sure to stay on your toes.
- While jumping, always look up.
- Try this exercise on a soft surface with good cushioning shoes.
- Complete all the moments as fast as possible.
- Make sure to pull your naval in throughout the exercise.
- Do proper Warm-ups before performing these exercises.
- Do 5 minutes of passive stretch after completing these exercises.
- Do not attempt these exercises if you have any knee injuries.