Vaarthe.com regularly publishing articles which benifits your health. Today we are giving a detailed information about CVS! What is CVS? How harmful it is? what are the symptoms? how to prevent..?here is the answer..
CVS means Computer vision Syndrome. if you are using mobile or laptop or pc or tablet then you must read this article.
CAUSES OF CVS :
1. regular use of computer, smart phones, e-reader or tablet.
2. Working for a long period of time in poor illumination, CVS is also referred to as digital eye strain, where a group of eye and vision related problems that result from prolonged use of computer, tablets, e-reader and cell phones etc… According to research 50% to 90% of people who continuously use computer screen result in CVS.
3. Have poor posture while sitting at computer disc.
4. Poor maintainace of the distance and position between computer and computer user
5. Already associalted with vision relayed problems
SYMPTOMS OF CVS:
1. Asthenopia ( eyestrain, eyepain, watering, itching, burning eyes, pricking sensation)
2. Blurred vision
3. Dry eyes
5. Difficulty in focusing objects 6 Neck pain, shoulder pain and back pain
PREVENTATION AND TREATMENT OF CVS :
1. INCREASE YOUR BLINKING RATE:keep blinking your eyes at least 10 to 15 times per min, so that your eyes washes in naturally therapeutic tears.
2. VISION 20-20-20 : small k8nd of excercise were every 20 mins see the distance object at 20 feel distance and then focus on near by object at least 20 cycles per time
3. PROPER ILLUMINATION:
Increase the illumination of your room to the brightness of your computer screen, can use a overhead lamp for proper illumination
4. POSITION OF COMPUTER AND COMPUTER USER:
keep atleast monitor 20 inchs away from you, level if the monitor should be about 4 to 6 inches tilted below your eyes and back and shoulder poistion should be erect.
5. ANTI GLAR PROTECTION:
if neccesaary computer user can use anti reflection coating glass to prevent harmful rays that coming from computer screen.
6. MEDICAL AID:
In cases if sever occular problem computer users can directly consult the doctor for medical aid followed by lubricating eye drops as adviced by doctor.
Message : As prevention is better then cure its better to follow all the safety tips as given above and 70% of the problem can be easily solved.
– Mamatha Devi